Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk not compiling for btl_openib_connect_oob.c
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-16 11:58:32

The trunk is indeed broken. The reason is, as Terry pointed out, the inclusion of infiniband/mad.h introduced by r24507 (https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/24507). As long as OFED 1.4 is available, it will compile independent of the version of the kernel, libpthread, moon position or <name your favorite here>.

  george.

On Mar 16, 2011, at 09:35 , Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2011, at 6:50 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:
>
>>> K. When Ralph and I removed that code, it was on he educated guess that no one was using it (because it hasn't compiled right in a while). If we were wrong, it can be put back, but someone will need to update it and Ralph and I don't have access to machines to test that behavior.
>> Ok, however, the compilation issue I am running into has nothing to do with your's and Ralph's changes. I would have expected not to even get as far as compiling the openib btl, right?
>
> Right.
>
> What does your configure output say when it is testing for different PIDs for threads?
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

George Bosilca