Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Old Linux kernels
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 19:40:41

My point was just that we support the current implementation of pthreads - not any old one.

Also, to clarify: Jeff actually tests to see what the thread library does. We only use the Linux kernel version when cross-compiling since we cannot, in that case, actually test the support. We know that old Linux kernels have the old implementation, so we exclude them. Anything else is hit-miss when cross-compiling.