Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |  

This web mail archive is frozen.

This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.

You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails have been added to it since July of 2016.

Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Quick fix for MPI_Publish_name
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-05 12:14:51

Unfortunately, it isn't quite that simple, but I do appreciate the suggestion - and the prod to get this fixed!

The change was required to help tools properly connect in some scenarios. Unfortunately, the logic was too simple and broke the ompi-server case. I've fixed it in the trunk, and will port the fix to 1.4 and 1.5 series.

Thanks again!

On Mar 4, 2011, at 9:36 AM, Suraj Prabhakaran wrote:

> Hello,
> Referring to the following bug
> that MPI_Publish_name was hanging, in fact, any call that contacted the ompi-server was hanging. By looking at all communication between the application and ompi-server, it seemed that the ompi-server was getting the wrong/bad route to reach the application in order to send back the answer of publish/lookup/unpublish.
> In orte/mca/routed/binomial/routed_binomial.c, I found the following loc in the get_route() function,
> ret = target;
> goto found;
> }
> which, I believe, returned the target directly as the route to any tool. Comparing with 1.4.3, I could not understand the change that brought in the above case. So I simply commented it out and ompi-server worked perfect with all the calls doing their job.
> What I do not know if this affects any other tool.
> Hope this is useful.
> Best,
> Suraj Prabhakaran
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]