Subject: [OMPI devel] Quick fix for MPI_Publish_name
From: Suraj Prabhakaran (suraj.prabhakaran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 11:36:41

Hello,

Referring to the following bug

that MPI_Publish_name was hanging, in fact, any call that contacted the
ompi-server was hanging. By looking at all communication between the
application and ompi-server, it seemed that the ompi-server was getting
the wrong/bad route to reach the application in order to send back the
answer of publish/lookup/unpublish.

In orte/mca/routed/binomial/routed_binomial.c, I found the following loc
in the get_route() function,

     if (ORTE_PROC_IS_TOOL) {
         ret = target;
         goto found;
     }

which, I believe, returned the target directly as the route to any tool.
Comparing with 1.4.3, I could not understand the change that brought in
the above case. So I simply commented it out and ompi-server worked
perfect with all the calls doing their job.
What I do not know if this affects any other tool.
Hope this is useful.

Best,
Suraj Prabhakaran