Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Development mailing list

Subject: [OMPI devel] Mercurial upgrade to 1.7.x
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 08:59:37


I just upgraded mercurial on my dev cluster to 1.7.x and found a pleasant surprise when I ran an "update" procedure on one of my SVN+HG trees. My update procedure basically goes like this:

-----
hg up
svn up
./contrib/hg/build-hgignore.pl
hg addremove
hg ci -m "Up to SVN r<svn version>"
-----

When I ran "svn up", it removed opal/mca/paffinity/hwloc/hwloc and added opal/mca/common/hwloc/hwloc (i.e., we moved the embedded hwloc from paffinity to common).

The nifty part is that "hg addremove" saw the removes and the adds, *but then figured out that it was actually a move*. Here's one of the output status messages from "hg addremove":

recording removal of opal/mca/paffinity/hwloc/hwloc/AUTHORS as rename to opal/mca/common/hwloc/hwloc/AUTHORS (100% similar)

Cool!

-- 
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/