Subject: [OMPI devel] ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
From: Francis Poulin (fpoulin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-20 17:00:57

Hello,

I'm trying to build OpenMPI with fortran on my Mac OS machines using gfortran. I'm using the 64-bit option and trying to install 1.4.2. It seems to build ok and when I compile and run simple programs it works. When I try a more complicated case it works on my desktop but not my laptop. The error that I get is shown below. The fact that it works on my desktop shows me there's a problem with my build on my laptop.

Any ideas where I can look to fix it?

Thanks,
Francis

[[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 125
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_ess_base_select failed
  --> Returned value Not found (-13) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
  --> Returned "Not found" (-13) instead of "Success" (0)
*** The MPI_Init() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
*** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
*** Your MPI job will now abort.