Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Bring the lastest ROMIO version from MPICH2-1.3 into the trunk
From: Pascal Deveze (Pascal.Deveze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-17 03:47:41

Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> I'm actually confused by the changelog on the repo:
>
> - r1 (https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi) says "Initial import from branch v1.5"
> - r15 (https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi/changeset/a535d7cdbe79) then says "Update with openmpi-1.4.3"
>
> ...?

I thought it was necessary to be in line with a "stable version", not
with a snapshot of the trunk.

> Did you not use the SVN+HG procedure outlined below, perchance?
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/UsingMercurial

No, I did not use this procedure:
I cloned new-romio-for-openmpi, then I deleted all files and
subdirectories (excepted .hg and .hgignore)

I got openmpi-1.4.3.tar and untar it in the new-romio-for-openmpi directory.
Then I replace the romio branch by the romio branch from
new-romio-for-openmpi

After testing, I committed and pushed it in bitbucket.

I realize now that I have to go back to v1.5.
What is the best way to do it ?
   - Synchro with the trunk?
    - Using openmpi-1.5.tar.gz with the same procedure I used to update
with openmpi-1.4.3 ?

.