Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Bring the lastest ROMIO version from MPICH2-1.3 into the trunk
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-14 14:02:13

I'm actually confused by the changelog on the repo:

- r1 (https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi) says "Initial import from branch v1.5"
- r15 (https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi/changeset/a535d7cdbe79) then says "Update with openmpi-1.4.3"

...?

Did you not use the SVN+HG procedure outlined below, perchance?

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/UsingMercurial

On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I just (re?)noticed that your mercurial tree is based on the 1.4 branch:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi
>
> Are we targeting the v1.4 series for this?
>
> I thought we were targeting trunk/v1.5 for the new ROMIO, but perhaps I'm forgetting something...?
>

> On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Pascal Deveze wrote:
>
>> Jeff Squyres a écrit :
>>> Great!
>>>
>>> I see in your other mail that you pulled something from MPICH2 to make this work.
>>>
>>> Does that mean that there's a even-newer version of ROMIO that we should pull in its entirety? It's a little risky to pull most stuff from one released version of ROMIO and then more stuff from another released version. Meaning: it's little nicer/safer to say that we have ROMIO from a single released version of MPICH2.
>>> If possible. :-)
>>>
>>> Is it possible?
>>>
>>> Don't get me wrong -- I want the new ROMIO, and I'm sorry you've had to go through so many hoops to get it ready. :-( But we should do it the best way we can; we have history/precedent for taking ROMIO from a single source/released version of MPICH[2], and I'd like to maintain that precedent if at all possible.
>>>

>> I've just made a comparison with the very last MPICH2 version (mpich2-1.3.1) and found very little differencies.
>>
>> I've reported them into bitbucket. I 've tested with the ROMIO tests and I 've commited them.
>>
>> So, we now have on bitbucket the version from mpich2-1.3.1 plus the patch for the attribute issue.
>>
>> Pascal

> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

For corporate legal information go to: