Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Bring the lastest ROMIO version from MPICH2-1.3 into the trunk
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-14 10:01:37

I just (re?)noticed that your mercurial tree is based on the 1.4 branch:

    https://bitbucket.org/devezep/new-romio-for-openmpi

Are we targeting the v1.4 series for this?

I thought we were targeting trunk/v1.5 for the new ROMIO, but perhaps I'm forgetting something...?

On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Pascal Deveze wrote:

> Jeff Squyres a écrit :
>> Great!
>>
>> I see in your other mail that you pulled something from MPICH2 to make this work.
>>
>> Does that mean that there's a even-newer version of ROMIO that we should pull in its entirety? It's a little risky to pull most stuff from one released version of ROMIO and then more stuff from another released version. Meaning: it's little nicer/safer to say that we have ROMIO from a single released version of MPICH2.
>> If possible. :-)
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>
>> Don't get me wrong -- I want the new ROMIO, and I'm sorry you've had to go through so many hoops to get it ready. :-( But we should do it the best way we can; we have history/precedent for taking ROMIO from a single source/released version of MPICH[2], and I'd like to maintain that precedent if at all possible.
>>

> I've just made a comparison with the very last MPICH2 version (mpich2-1.3.1) and found very little differencies.
>
> I've reported them into bitbucket. I 've tested with the ROMIO tests and I 've commited them.
>
> So, we now have on bitbucket the version from mpich2-1.3.1 plus the patch for the attribute issue.
>
> Pascal

For corporate legal information go to: