Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Bring the lastest ROMIO version from MPICH2-1.3 into the trunk
From: Pascal Deveze (Pascal.Deveze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-14 08:20:08

Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> Great!
>
> I see in your other mail that you pulled something from MPICH2 to make this work.
>
> Does that mean that there's a even-newer version of ROMIO that we should pull in its entirety? It's a little risky to pull most stuff from one released version of ROMIO and then more stuff from another released version. Meaning: it's little nicer/safer to say that we have ROMIO from a single released version of MPICH2.
>
> If possible. :-)
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Don't get me wrong -- I want the new ROMIO, and I'm sorry you've had to go through so many hoops to get it ready. :-( But we should do it the best way we can; we have history/precedent for taking ROMIO from a single source/released version of MPICH[2], and I'd like to maintain that precedent if at all possible.

I've just made a comparison with the very last MPICH2 version
(mpich2-1.3.1) and found very little differencies.

I've reported them into bitbucket. I 've tested with the ROMIO tests
and I 've commited them.

So, we now have on bitbucket the version from mpich2-1.3.1 plus the
patch for the attribute issue.

Pascal