Subject: [OMPI devel] Change in communication between process (RMAPS)
From: Hugo Meyer (meyer.hugo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-28 07:03:44

Hello to all.

I'm new in the forum, at least is the first time i write.

I'm working with open mpi and I would do a little experiment, i will try to
pass one process by another process.

For example, assuming that there are 2 processes that are communicating say
rank 1 and 2. And there is a process of rank 3, I would like the rank 3 (it
could be assumed that this node is marked down at the initial hostfile) took
 the place of rank 2, and rank 1 still think that he is communicating with
 rank 2 when in fact is communicating with the rank 3.

I guess I'll have to modify tables as orte_job_map_t and orte_proc_t, but I
wanted to know if someone already has experience doing something similar,
and can guide me at least.

The communication between processes, in principle, would be irrelevant, so i
will not need to use checkpoints / restarts for now.

Greetings

Hugo Meyer