Subject: [OMPI devel] Datatype question
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-21 12:02:14

All -

I'm trying to follow up on James Dinan's one-sided datatype errors e-mail and running into some datatype issues from when the datatype engine was moved to OPAL (sigh). Accumulate needs to get at the underlying datatypes for a user-created dataype. Before the ddt move, one just walked bdt_used and found the underlying type. Now it appears that bdt_used refers to the opal types, not the ompi types. And since there's not a one-to-one mapping between the two, I'm at a loss as to how one could find a MPI pre-defined datatype from the user-defined datatype. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software