Subject: [OMPI devel] openib btl_openib_async_thread poll question
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-21 10:35:03

We're doing some testing with openib btl on a system with Solaris. It
looks like Solaris can return POLLIN|POLLRDNORM in revents from a poll
call. I looked at the manpages for Linux and it reads like Linux could
possibly do this too. However the code in btl_openib_async_thread that
checks for valid revents is only checking for POLLIN and in the case it
gets POLLIN|POLLRDNORM the btl ends up throwing an error. I think
erroring out on the POLLIN|POLLRDNORM case is a bug.

Does anyone feel otherwise and can explain to me why we should not
consider POLLIN|POLLRDNORM as a valid condition? I have the same
question pertaining to POLLRDBAND too but I don't believe we've seen
this set.

thanks,

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631

picture