Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPI_File_get_size fails for files > 2 GB in Fortran
From: N.M. Maclaren (nmm1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-20 16:59:54

On Dec 20 2010, George Bosilca wrote:

> There is a hint for F77 users at the bottom of the page. It suggests to
> use INTEGER*MPI_OFFSET_KIND as type for the SIZE. I guess if we cast it
> correctly, and the users follow the MPI specification, this should work.

Please tell me you are joking?

No, that will NOT work, in general. Firstly, the xxx in INTEGER*xxx was
introduced in Fortran IV as a digit string and not a constant, and all
of the compilers I know of still do that. Secondly, it is NOT always
aligned with the KIND values, and there is no implication in any document
I know of that it should be.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.