Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Bring the lastest ROMIO version from MPICH2-1.3 into the trunk
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-30 09:21:14

On Nov 30, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Pascal Deveze wrote:

> I have commited all my last changes in bitbucket, including those that follows.

I got a checkout, and still have some problems/questions. More below.

If you do the IM thing, ping me on IM (I sent you my IDs in an off-list email).

>> Do we have the MPIU functions? Or is that an MPICH2-specific thing?
>
> I have put in comments this last "AC_DEFINE":
> # Open MPI does not have the MPIU functions
> # AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MPIU_FUNCS,1,[Define if MPICH2 memory tracing macros defined])

Good.

>> I see that you moved confdb/aclocal_cc.m4 to acinclude.m4. Shoudn't we just -I confdb instead to get all of their .m4 files?
>>
> This has been done during the last porting (years ago).
> I have now changed this: All confdb/.m4 files are now copied from MPICH2. Only the definition of PAC_FUNC_NEEDS_DECL is still kept in acinclude.m4.
> If I do not so, configure is still blocking on this macro.
> All seems working well so. If you have any clue about this, I will take it !

I see that we have the whole romio/confdb directory, so it seems like we should use that tree rather than copy to acinclude.m4.

But I note that when I get an hg clone of your repo:

- there's no .hgignore file -- making "hg status" difficult. In your SVN+HG tree, can you run ./contrib/hg/build-hgignore.pl and commit/push the resulting .hgignore? That would be most helpful.

- ompi/mca/io/romio/romio/adio/include/romioconf.h.in is in the hg repo, but should not be (it's generated).

- I don't see a romio/acinclude.m4 file in the repo, so whatever you did there doesn't show up for me.

- I tried to add an ompi/mca/io/romio/romio/autogen.sh executable file that contained:

:
autoreconf -ivf -I confdb

and that seems to make everything work. Can you confirm/double check?

>> In configure.in, please update the version number in AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(io-romio, 1.0.0, 'no')
> is changed to
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(io-romio, 1.0.1, 'no')

Can we use whatever the real ROMIO version number is?

For corporate legal information go to: