Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |  

This web mail archive is frozen.

This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.

You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails have been added to it since July of 2016.

Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5 plans
From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-30 08:54:01

Can you make a v1.7 milestone on Trac, so I can move some of my tickets?

Some are CMRs, but a couple are defects, with fixes in development, that without those CMRs cannot be moved to v1.5.


On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I'm about 2 weeks late on this email; apologies. SC and Thanksgiving got in the way.
> Per a discussion on the devel teleconf nearly 3 weeks ago, we have decided what to do with the v1.5 series:
> - 1.5.1 will be a bug fix release. There's 2 blocker bugs right now that need to be reviewed; those and the currently ready-to-commit major CMR are all that is planned for 1.5.1. Hopefully, they could be ready by tonight.
> - 1.5.2 (and successive releases) will be "normal" feature releases. There's a bit of divergence between the trunk and the v1.5 branch, meaning that some porting of features may be required to get over to the v1.5 branch (FWIW, I think that many things will not require much porting at all -- but some will). Many of the CMRs filed against v1.5.2 are still relevant; *some* of the features/bugs are still relevant. We'll start [re-]examining the v1.5.2 tickets in more detail soon. So feel free to apply to have your favorite feature brought over to the v1.5 branch. Bigger features may be kept in the wings for v1.7 (e.g., the wholesale ORTE refresh for v1.5.x has been axed and will wait until v1.7). There is a bunch of affinity work occurring on the trunk (and/or in hg branches) right now; we plan to bring all that stuff in to the v1.5 series when ready (probably 3+ months at the earliest -- especially with the December holidays delaying everything). Once that's done, we ca!
> n then probably start thinking about wrapping up the v1.5 series, converting it to its stable counterpart (1.6), and then branching for v1.7.
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> For corporate legal information go to:
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]

Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory