Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Simple program (103 lines) makes Open-1.4.3 hang
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-23 22:25:50

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

>Ya, it sounds like we should fix this eager limit help text so that others aren't misled. We did say "attempt", but that's probably a bit too subtle.
>
>Eugene - iirc: this is in the btl base (or some other central location) because it's shared between all btls.

The cited text was from the OMPI FAQ ("Tuning" / "sm" section, item 6).
I made the change in r1309.

In ompi/mca/btl/base/btl_base_mca.c, I added the phrase "including
header" to both

"rndv_eager_limit"
"Size (in bytes, including header) of \"phase 1\" fragment sent for all
large messages (must be >= 0 and <= eager_limit)"
module->btl_rndv_eager_limit

and

"eager_limit"
"Maximum size (in bytes, including header) of \"short\" messages (must
be >= 1)."
module->btl_eager_limit

but I left

"max_send_size"
"Maximum size (in bytes) of a single \"phase 2\" fragment of a long
message when using the pipeline protocol (must be >= 1)"
module->btl_max_send_size

alone (for some combination of lukewarm reasons). Changes are in r24085.