Subject: [OMPI devel] Open MPI at SC'10
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-12 08:41:24

Who's going to SC'10 this year? (/me raises hand) If you're there, be sure to drop by and say hello (I'll be in and around the Cisco Booth).

Dr. George Bosilca (U. Tennessee Knoxville) and I will host our normal "Open MPI State of the Union" BOF on Wednesday at 12:15pm. It's a great place to sit, eat your lunch, and hear about current and future directions in Open MPI:

    http://sc10.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=bof138

Cisco is hosting several Open MPI organizations to give short 10-15 minute talks on Open MPI (and related) topics in the Cisco booth. Drop by the Cisco booth (right next to the main SciNet NOC) to see the exact schedule:

 * Dr. Brice Goglin, INRIA: Hardware Locality is good for you
 * Dr. Josh Hursey, ORNL: A Fault Tolerant MPI Standard for HPC Applications and Libraries
 * Dr. Rainer Keller, HLRS: Finding memory errors in MPI applications
 * Dr. Edgar Gabriel, U. Houston: VolpexMPI: robust execution of MPI applications through process replication

There will also be an MPI Forum BOF on Tuesday at 12:15 where Dr. Rich Graham (Oak Ridge National Labs) will present the current state of the Forum's deliberations on MPI-3.

    http://sc10.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=bof122

Many other Open MPI organizations who will also have a presence at SC; be sure to stop by their booths and say hello.

See you there!

For corporate legal information go to: