Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Restore sanity
From: N.M. Maclaren (nmm1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 18:10:53

On Oct 30 2010, George Bosilca wrote:

>*** The MPI_Init() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
>*** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
>*** Your MPI job will now abort.
>
>My version of the MPI standard doesn't say this? Should I update?

The best diagnostic I ever got out of a compiler (other than the classic
Algol 68 "This is not a program") was from a Fortran compiler "End of
statement was expected, but end of statement found".

To be fair, the statement was syntactically nothing like a Fortran
statement. What did you do to provoke Open MPI? :-)

regards,
Nick Maclaren.