Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Use of OPAL_PREFIX to relocate a lib
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-26 07:40:22

On Oct 26, 2010, at 6:55 AM, Sylvain Jeaugey wrote:

> This problem may be a detail, but it bugs me a lot, so I'd like to have it fixed.

Fair enough. :-)

> Here is a patch that changes the path setting algorithm to "last component wins" instead of "first component wins".
>
> This is as wrong as was the original code, except that it is consistent with the way autogen.pl generates static-components.h.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll commit it tomorrow.

I don't think this is the right way to fix it. Sorry! :-( I say this because it worked somewhat by luck before, and now it's broken. If we put in another "it'll work because of a side effect of an unintentional characteristic of the build system" hack, it'll just likely break again someday if/when we change the build system.

I'd prefer a more robust solution that won't break as a side-effect of the build system.

For corporate legal information go to: