Subject: [OMPI devel] debugger attach broken in trunk
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-14 18:20:33

It's been reported to me that using current SVN head debugger attach support is broken, both the MPIR interface and the orte-ps command are returning no data for the hostnames and process identifiers of launched jobs.

The v1.5 download is fine, I've checked that on both counts but a checkout of the trunk exhibits the problem.

ashley_at_cloud1:~/code/padb-read-only/src$ orte-ps

Information from mpirun [59875,0]
---------------------------------

    JobID | State | Slots | Num Procs |
[59875,1] | Running | 1 | 0 |
        Process Name | ORTE Name | Local Rank | PID | Node | State |

$ gdb -p <pidof mpirun>
(gdb) p MPIR_proctable
$1 = (struct MPIR_PROCDESC *) 0x0
(gdb) p MPIR_proctable_size
$2 = 0
(gdb) p MPIR_PROCDESC

ashley_at_cloud1:~/code/padb-read-only/src$ ./padb -Ormgr=mpirun -a --proc-summary -Odebug

Ashley.

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.
http://padb.pittman.org.uk