Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.5.1: one idea
From: Graham, Richard L. (rlgraham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-11 09:32:55

Why go to all this effort, and not just fork 1.7 from the trunk, skipping the whole merge process ? Seems like it would be much more prudent to spend time on improving the code base, adding missing MPI support, etc., rather than spending the time on a merge.

Rich

On 10/8/10 6:34 PM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

On Oct 8, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> I have no problem with that, but remember that it will create an ABI break for any third-party plugin developer.
>
> As long as we are comfortable doing that, or create the backward-compatibility we discussed, then this plan is fine by me.

Yes, we will definitely have to make sure we don't break backwards compatibility:

- MPI API
- the symbol / filename changes we did for MCA

I don't think anything else matters, right?

For corporate legal information go to: