The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.4.3. This release is a bug fix release over the v1.4.2
release. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to version 1.4.3
Version 1.4.3 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.4.3 as compared to v1.4.2:
- Fixed handling of the array_of_argv parameter in the Fortran
binding of MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE.
- Fixed a problem with the Fortran binding for
MPI_FILE_CREATE_ERRHANDLER. Thanks to Secretan Yves for identifying
- Updates to the LSF PLM to ensure that the path is correctly passed.
Thanks to Teng Lin for the patch.
- Fixes for the F90 MPI_COMM_SET_ERRHANDLER and MPI_WIN_SET_ERRHANDLER
bindings. Thanks to Paul Kapinos for pointing out the issue.
- Fixed various MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE race conditions.
- Fixed an issue with an undeclared variable from ptmalloc2 munmap on
- Fixes for BSD interface detection.
- Various other BSD fixes. Thanks to Kevin Buckley helping to track.
all of this down.
- Fixed issues with the use of the -nper* mpirun command line arguments.
- Fixed an issue with coll tuned dynamic rules.
- Fixed an issue with the use of OPAL_DESTDIR being applied too aggressively.
- Fixed an issue with one-sided xfers when the displacement exceeds 2GBytes.
- Change to ensure TotalView works properly on Darwin.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2010.
- Fix to ensure proper placement of VampirTrace header files.
- Needed to add volatile keyword to a varialbe used in debugging
- Fixed a bug in inter-allgather.
- Fixed malloc(0) warnings.
- Corrected a typo the MPI_Comm_size man page (intra -> inter). Thanks
to Simon number.cruncher for pointing this out.
- Fixed a SegV in orted when given more than 127 app_contexts.
- Removed xgrid source code from the 1.4 branch since it is no longer
supported in the 1.4 series.
- Removed the --enable-opal-progress-threads config option since
opal progress thread support does not work in 1.4.x.
- Fixed a defect in VampirTrace's vtfilter.
- Fixed wrong Windows path in hnp_contact.
- Removed the requirement for a paffinity component.
- Removed a hardcoded limit of 64 interconnected jobs.
- Fix to allow singletons to use ompi-server for rendezvous.
- Fixed bug in output-filename option.
- Fix to correctly handle failures in mx_init().
- Fixed a potential Fortran memory leak.
- Fixed an incorrect branch in some ppc32 assembly code. Thanks
to Matthew Clark for this fix.
- Remove use of undocumented AS_VAR_GET macro during configuration.
- Fixed an issue with VampirTrace's wrapper for MPI_init_thread.
- Updated mca-btl-openib-device-params.ini file with various new vendor id's.
- Configuration fixes to ensure CPPFLAGS in handled properly if a non-standard
valgrind location was specified.
- Various man page updates