Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Autogen improvements: ready for blast off
From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-23 16:56:07

We can build an SVN checkout, but with a tarball we get this:

  Undefined first referenced
   symbol in file
  opal_backtrace_print ../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so
  opal_backtrace_buffer ../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so
  ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/opal_wrapper

I suspect this is because the -G link lines for libopen-pal.so differ
between the tarball and the SVN checkout. Specifically, this file
is *not* included in the link line in the tarball case:

  mca/backtrace/printstack/.libs/libmca_backtrace_printstack.a

I assume this means no backtrace plug-in is getting built in the
tarball case for some reason?

-Ethan