Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Question regarding recently common shared-memory component
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-22 10:22:29

On Sep 21, 2010, at 12:37 PM, <ananda.mudar_at_[hidden]> <ananda.mudar_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Like I said in my earlier response, I have never tried this option. So I ran these tests on 1.4.2 now and apparently the behavior is same ie; the checkpoint creation time increases when I enable shared memory componentL

I don't have huge experience with the checkpoint/restart stuff, but this is probably not a surprising result because the checkpoint will now need to include the shared memory stuff. Are the checkpoint images larger? (at least: is one of them noticeably larger?) That might account for the checkpoint performance difference.

> Is there any parameter that can be tuned to improve the performance?

My understanding is that there are some inherent bottlenecks in checkpoint / restart, such as the time required to dump out all the process images to disk.

For corporate legal information go to: