Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] How to add a schedule algorithm to the pml
From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-22 09:07:24

crcpw is a wrapper around the PML to support coordinated checkpoint restart. It mostly just replays the call to the 'crcp' framework that tracks the signature of messages traveling through the system.

If you are not using the C/R feature, then I would not worry about the crcpw PML component (it is disabled automatically in non-CR builds).

-- Josh

On Sep 22, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> crcpw: this is a fork of the ob1 PML; it add some failover semantics.
>
> Oops! I messed this up:
>
> bfo is the one I meant to write up there -- it's a fork of ob1; it adds failover semantics.
>
> I don't know exactly what crcpw is -- I suspect this is a Josh creation for some kind of fault tolerance...?
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Joshua Hursey