Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r23767
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-18 04:03:13

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Ha! I did that earlier too, but then realized that this error happens only when someone specifies they want-valigrind. I believe the issue here has been discussed before - if someone says "give me valgrind support", then we should error out if the required level isn't available.

Ya, I had thought of that, but I was testing the "build a nightly tarball" stuff and needed a fix committed so that the build machine wouldn't error out (because it does a fresh svn checkout to build the tarball). The prior build tarball failures were because it was complaining that Valgrind's version was too small.

So it's still on my list to go back and figure out what changed (i.e., it didn't complain about valgrind's version before this -- so something must have changed. We don't use --without-valgrind when configuring, so I'm not sure why it somehow became a fatal error). :-)

For corporate legal information go to: