Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fixes to OpenMPI-1.4.2 for PGI compilers
From: Larry Baker (baker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-20 13:15:05

Jeff,

Without the 1.4.2 fix in configure to correctly parse the PGI version
no. (the same fix you have in 1.5rc5), I'm pretty sure the make of
1.4.2 fails for PGI 10.x. Also, I think the inline assembly of atomic
instructions might not be correct for the C++ version of the library
without the other fix in configure to hard-code disabling that feature
for PGI.

I don't know anything about Libtool, like where it comes from, which
pieces of OpenMPI come from Libtool, and, probably more significant,
how those pieces might have been modified when they were incorporated
into OpenMPI. The fixes to configure and libtool.m4 that I sent seem
to already be well known. (They were passed on to me when I fixed
them while installing netCDF.) I'm happy to report bugs and fixes to
the developers of the code I use. I really have to leave it up to
them to decide whether to pass them on to their upstream providers.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker_at_[hidden]