Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Committing to release branches
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 10:01:42

On Jul 22, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> We used to have the branches "locked" to all but the gatekeeper to prevent this kind of mistake. Did this change? Or did you forget to lock the 1.5 branch?

We changed it for v1.5 -- they're *not* locked because Ralph (back when Ralph was the RM from LANL with me) and I anticipated letting developers commit their "larger" features over to the release branch themselves and spare some GK pain.

E.g., an ORTE refresh may take some pain and iteration to get right. So let Ralph do it himself rather than do it via George/GK proxy.

Similar for hwloc issues. Similar for ROMIO refresh. ...etc.

Instead, however, we might want to change the permissions to lock it down, and then selectively unlock it. Hindsight is 20-20. :-)

For corporate legal information go to: