Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PATCH: Wrong event_type value passed in to show_help when getting xrc async events
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-15 12:42:20

On Jul 15, 2010, at 10:53 AM, nadia.derbey wrote:

> > Shouldn't we be keeping everything the same / native type as much as possible?
> Agreed, but the native type is already broken: we are getting from
> ibv_get_async_event() an event->event_type which is a mix of
> ibv_event_type and ibv_event_flags enums though it is declared as an
> ibv_event_type... That's where these warnings come from.

Ok -- how about a compromise?

Your patch is kosher, and is clearly fixing a problem. Commit it. On the condition that you also fix up these warnings somehow. :-) It might be easiest to keep everything in one type of enum most of the time, and only cast when that other kind is necessary to mix in somehow...?

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: