Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] PATCH: Wrong event_type value passed in to show_help when getting xrc async events
From: nadia.derbey (Nadia.Derbey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-15 10:53:10

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:21 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2010, at 8:22 AM, nadia.derbey wrote:
>
> > So the solution is:
> > 1. leave the intermediate event_type declared as an int.
> > 2. then:
> > . either cast it to ibv_event_type when calling
> > openib_event_to_str()
> > . or declare openib_event_to_str as accepting an int instead of an
> > ibv_event_type.
>
> Shouldn't we be keeping everything the same / native type as much as possible?

Agreed, but the native type is already broken: we are getting from
ibv_get_async_event() an event->event_type which is a mix of
ibv_event_type and ibv_event_flags enums though it is declared as an
ibv_event_type... That's where these warnings come from.

Regards,
Nadia

--
nadia.derbey <Nadia.Derbey_at_[hidden]>