Subject: [OMPI devel] alps ras patch for SLURM
From: Jerome Soumagne (soumagne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 06:19:10

Hi,

We've recently installed OpenMPI on one of our Cray XT5 machines, here
at CSCS. This machine uses SLURM for launching jobs.
Doing an salloc defines this environment variable:
               BASIL_RESERVATION_ID
               The reservation ID on Cray systems running ALPS/BASIL only.

Since the alps ras module tries to find a variable called
OMPI_ALPS_RESID which is set using a script, we thought that for SLURM
systems it would be a good idea to directly integrate this
BASIL_RESERVATION_ID variable in the code, rather than using a script.
The small patch is attached.

Regards,

Jerome

--