Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.5: thumbs up or down? - Thumbs Down
From: Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-07-06 01:49:05

> That contribution needs to be
> a) brought under the control of --enable-contrib-no-build=
> b) possibly renamed (it would seem to be an MPI specific thing)
> so maybe, libmpitrace ?

I'd like to qualify that, in the light of some more digging,
though (b) is still an issue.

It seems that the "libtrace" conribution IS under the control of

(not that you'ld know that from configure -- help) but the NetBSD
handling of such options ended up running confgure with:

 --enable-contrib-no-build=libtrace --enable-contrib-no-build=vt

and not:

so the configure was only honouring the last one listed.

OK, I humbly withdraw (a) above but now, equally humbly, suggest
that instead of using a list, those things be turned into standard,
single-target, configure options, vis:

humbly yours,

Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971
 Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand