Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] How to disable paffinity
From: Õž§ (iam.chilli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-30 03:17:44

Hi Ralph ,

I used v1.4 and I checked out the 1.5.0 rc and the trunk . It seems
your code have been commited in the trunk but not the v1.5 under
branch.
Because it is not a easy work for me to switch the workcopy to trunk ,
I think it is a good idea to just conform the
opal_paffinity_base_select under v1.4 code to the trunk.
Thank you for your reply!

2010/6/30 Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]>:
> You may be working off of an old version of OMPI - I updated opal_paffinity awhile ago to no longer require that a component be selected. Then you can no-build all paffinity components if you like and the system will still startup okay.
>
> I don't believe this was moved over to the 1.4 release branch - afraid you would have to use a developer's trunk tarball or svn checkout. It -might- be in the 1.5.0 release candidates, though (I haven't looked).
>
> On Jun 29, 2010, at 9:36 PM, Õž§ wrote:
>
>> Hi all ,
>>
>> I tried to run the openmpi on vxworks. Now I can run program ompi_info
>> etc. But it failed running "mpirun ls", the error is :
>> It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
>> likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
>> fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
>> environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
>> here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
>> Open MPI developer):
>>
>> opal_paffinity_base_select failed
>> --> Returned value -13 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
>>
>> After using the ompi_info , I cann't find any available component for
>> paffinity. It seems the linux component of paffinity isn't available
>> . As the paffinity is not a must in openmpi . I wonder whether I can
>> disable the paffinity during the running of mpirun?
>> --
>> Jing Zhang

Õž§