Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] System V Shared Memory for Open MPI: Request forCommunity Input and Testing
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-11 13:06:37

On Jun 11, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:

> The idea was one large memory segment for all processes and it wasn't unlinked after complete attach so that we could have spawned procs also use shmem (which never worked, of course). So I think we could unlink during init at this point..

I could have sworn that we decided that long ago and added the unlink.

Probably we *did* reach that conclusion long ago, but never actually got around to adding the unlink. Sam and I are still in that code area now; we might as well add the unlink while we're there.

For corporate legal information go to: