Subject: [OMPI devel] Refresh the libevent to 1.4.13.
From: Damien Guinier (damien.guinier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 07:11:34

Hi all

A recent update of the libevent seems to cause a regression on our side.

On my 32 cpus node cluster , process launch by srun, hang on
opal_event_loop().
We see a deadlock in MPI_Init (endlessly looping in opal_event_loop())
when we launch processes with pure srun on 32 cores nodes.

Here is the changeset which seems to be the cause of this regression :
changeset: 17590:58d39172e7b3
branch: v1.5
parent: 17552:6fdc0376d114
user: bosilca
date: Tue Feb 23 22:38:06 2010 +0000
summary: Refresh the libevent to 1.4.13.

It seems that the libevent 1.4.13 was modified while being merged with
Open MPI. The regression disappears if I apply the attached patch, which
restores the original libevent code.

Is there a reason for this difference between Open MPI and the official
libevent ?
Do you think my fix is correct ?

Thanks
Damien