Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] The" Missing Symbol" issue and OpenMPI on NetBSD
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 21:24:30

I added several FAQ items -- how do they look?

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=troubleshooting#erroneous-file-not-found-message
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=troubleshooting#missing-symbols
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#install-overwrite

On May 17, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> On May 16, 2010, at 5:56 PM, <Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]> <Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > > Have you tried building Open MPI with the --disable-dlopen configure flag?
> > > This will slurp all of OMPI's DSOs up into libmpi.so -- so there's no
> > > dlopening at run-time. Hence, your app (R) can dlopen libmpi.so, but then
> > > libmpi.so doesn't dlopen anything else -- all of OMPI's plugins are
> > > physically located in libmpi.so.
> >
> > Given your reasoning, that's gotta be worth a shot: wilco.
>
> This issue has come up a few times on the list; I will add something to the FAQ about this.
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

For corporate legal information go to: