Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Bug in opal sos changes
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 14:02:34

Looks like the comparison to OMPI_ERROR worked by accident -- just because it happened to have a value of -1.

The *_f_to_c_index values are the return value from a call to opal_point_array_add(). This value will either be non-negative or -1. -1 indicates a failure. It's not an *_ERR_* code -- it's a -1 index value. So the comparisons should really have been to -1 in the first place.

Rolf / Abhishek -- can you fix? Did this happen in other *_f_to_c_index member variable comparisons elsewhere?

On May 18, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Rolf vandeVaart wrote:

> I am getting SEGVs while running the IMB-MPI1 tests. I believe the
> problem has to do with changes made to the group_init.c file last
> night. The error occurs in the call to MPI_Comm_split.
>
> There were 4 changes in the file that look like this:
> OLD:
> if (OMPI_ERROR == new_group->grp_f_to_c_index)
>
> NEW:
> if (OMPI_SUCCESS != new_group->grp_f_to_c_index)
>
> If I change it back, things work. I understand the idea of changing the
> logic, but maybe that does not apply in this case? When running with
> np=2, the value of new_group->grp_f_to_c_index is 4, thereby not
> equaling OMPI_SUCCESS and we end up in an error condition which results
> in a null pointer later on.
>
> Am I the only that has run into this?
>
> Rolf

For corporate legal information go to: