Subject: [OMPI devel] Bug in opal sos changes
From: Rolf vandeVaart (rolf.vandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 13:25:07

I am getting SEGVs while running the IMB-MPI1 tests. I believe the
problem has to do with changes made to the group_init.c file last
night. The error occurs in the call to MPI_Comm_split.

 There were 4 changes in the file that look like this:
OLD:
if (OMPI_ERROR == new_group->grp_f_to_c_index)

NEW:
if (OMPI_SUCCESS != new_group->grp_f_to_c_index)

If I change it back, things work. I understand the idea of changing the
logic, but maybe that does not apply in this case? When running with
np=2, the value of new_group->grp_f_to_c_index is 4, thereby not
equaling OMPI_SUCCESS and we end up in an error condition which results
in a null pointer later on.

Am I the only that has run into this?

Rolf