Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open-MPI on TIPC
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-12 13:50:15

On May 12, 2010, at 1:21 PM, Nils Carlson wrote:

> Probably not me personally, my employer is considering financing a
> masters thesis with the aim of doing an implementation.
>
> Is there a guide for adding support? I took a quick look at the tcp
> code, and it wasn't all that straightforward,
> though I suppose a lot of the code is aimed at maximising performance.

There has been a paper or two written about this kind of stuff (like what David mentioned; and I have a dim recollection of someone else writing their about their experiences of adding a BTL). But nothing in the way of formal documentation, sorry. :-\

I'd be happy to chat on the phone about it.

> How long do you think a basic implementation would take?

I don't know much about the TIPC API to say. Have a look at ompi/mca/btl/btl.h -- that's the set of interfaces that need to be implemented. They're mostly focused on connecting, disconnecting, and sending/receiving data.

We do have a subsystem for monitoring fds for read and write events, so if TIPC is based on fd's, it could probably use our internal libevent to monitor for progress, etc.

For corporate legal information go to: