Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open-MPI on TIPC
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-12 13:09:59

I am personally unaware of anyone working TIPC support for Open MPI -- but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I took a *brief* look at the TIPC web site -- it is sorta analogous to Open-MX? (i.e., sending raw ethernet frames as opposed to TCP)

We'd love to see a BTL module for TIPC in Open MPI -- are you interested in writing one? I'd be happy to explain how to do so.

On May 12, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Nils Carlson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has looked at adding support in MPI for TIPC,
> Transparent Inter-Process Communication protocol?
>
> Considering TIPC's properties this should provide better performance
> than TCP on ethernet.
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> Nils Carlson

For corporate legal information go to: