Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] System V Shared Memory for Open MPI: Request for Community Input and Testing
From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-29 15:32:41

Hi Samuel,

I'm trying to run off your HG clone, but I'm seeing issues with
c_hello, e.g.,

  $ mpirun -mca mpi_common_sm sysv --mca btl self,sm,tcp --host burl-ct-v440-2,burl-ct-v440-2 -np 2 ./c_hello
  A system call failed during shared memory initialization that should
  not have. It is likely that your MPI job will now either abort or
  experience performance degradation.

    Local host: burl-ct-v440-2
    System call: shmat(2)
    Process: [[43408,1],1]
    Error: Invalid argument (errno 22)
  ^Cmpirun: killing job...

  $ uname -a
  SunOS burl-ct-v440-2 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

The same test works okay if I s/sysv/mmap/.

Regards,
Ethan