Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] System V Shared Memory for Open MPI: Request for Community Input and Testing
From: Samuel K. Gutierrez (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 09:16:12

Hi,

Faster component initialization/finalization times is one of the main
motivating factors of this work. The general idea is to get away from
creating a rather large backing file. With respect to module
bandwidth and latency, mmap and sysv seem to be comparable - at least
that is what my preliminary tests have shown. As it stands, I have
not come across a situation where the mmap SM component doesn't work
or is slower.

Hope that helps,

--
Samuel K. Gutierrez