Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] How is a MPI process launched ?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 10:12:07

On Apr 27, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Leo P. wrote:

> Ralph has talked about the other parts already; so I'll ask about the BTL: what type of network are you looking to route via the BTL?
>
> I am talking about two different network using a private IP and all the communication being routed through a NAT router

There's a bunch of issues with this; I know that the U. Tennessee and INRIA folks have dug into at least some of them.

When you're talking to someone behind NAT (or any type of firewall), how do you know to whom you're actually talking? There are ways, of course, but it's quite complicated if connection initiation can effectively only flow in one direction.

Can you just use IPv6?

For corporate legal information go to: