Subject: [OMPI devel] Is there a way to knit multiple ompi-servers into a broader network ?
From: Leo P. (leo_7892003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 01:25:17

I tested this on my machines and it worked, so hopefully it will meet your needs. You only need to run one "ompi-server" period, so long as you locate it where all of the processes can find the contact file and can open a TCP socket to the daemon. There is a way to knit multiple ompi-servers into a broader network (e.g., to connect processes that cannot directly access a server due to network segmentation), but it's a tad tricky - let me know if you require it and I'll try to help. In one of reply http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2010/04/12763.php you said the above thing Actually i am very much interested in doing that. Can you please let me know how it can be done? If anyone has done this before can you please help. I would appreciate any help.