Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] inquiring about openmpi
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-13 10:26:00

This is the list for Open MPI developers, not LAM/MPI. We ex-LAM/MPI developers are on this list, but we're not inclined to answer LAM questions on this list. :-) Heck, we're not inclined to answer LAM questions at all, if we can avoid it. :-) :-) :-)

Specifically: LAM is pretty dead. We haven't worked on LAM in *years* (literally). Indeed, it's probably not useful to try to implement process migration with LAM/MPI.

On Apr 13, 2010, at 10:23 AM, luyang dong wrote:

> dear teachers:
>
> LAM/MPI constructs communication channel via process location identified by
> type struct _gps in LAM universe. struct _gps{
> int4 gps_node;
> int4 gps_pid;
> int4 gps_idx;
> int4 gps_granks;
> }. In order to know of other processes, a mpi process in openmpi must possess data structure similar to struct _gps. My motivation is to achieve process migration, so I want to find this structure.
>

> thanks
> luyang dong
> 4.13 2010

For corporate legal information go to: