Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] inquiry about mpirun
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 06:10:31

N.M. Maclaren wrote:
> On Apr 6 2010, luyang dong wrote:
>>
>> Regardless of any mpi implementation , there is always a command
>> named mpirun. And correspondingly there is a source file called
>> mpirun.c.(at least in lam/mpi),but i can not find this file in
>> openmpi. can you tell me how to produce this command in openmpi.
>
> Er, no. There are some that I have used that do not have such a
> command at all, and some where it is a script in some shell language,
> Python or Perl. I believe that OpenMPI usually makes it a symbolic link
> to some other command (orterun or mpiexec), and so do some others.

I believe mpiexec is actually the command specified in the MPI spec
which can be a link. However, the command, in OMPI, that ends up doing
the real business orterun and its base source is
orte/tools/orterun/orterun.c.

--td
> It's trivial to write a simple wrapper for mpiexec for your own use and
> call it mpirun. Or just create a symbolic link.
>
> Someone else has indicated that OpenMPI intends to set up such a command,
> but I am not commenting on that aspect.
>

> Regards,
> Nick Maclaren.

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.650.633.7054
Oracle * - Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture