Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] inquiry about mpirun
From: N.M. Maclaren (nmm1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 05:27:35

On Apr 6 2010, luyang dong wrote:

> Regardless of any mpi implementation , there
> is always a command named mpirun. And correspondingly there is a source
> file called mpirun.c.(at least in lam/mpi),but i can not find this file
> in openmpi. can you tell me how to produce this command in openmpi.

Er, no. There are some that I have used that do not have such a
command at all, and some where it is a script in some shell language,
Python or Perl. I believe that OpenMPI usually makes it a symbolic link
to some other command (orterun or mpiexec), and so do some others.

It's trivial to write a simple wrapper for mpiexec for your own use and
call it mpirun. Or just create a symbolic link.

Someone else has indicated that OpenMPI intends to set up such a command,
but I am not commenting on that aspect.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.