Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC 1/1: improvements to the "notifier" framework and ORTE WDC
From: Sylvain Jeaugey (sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 12:04:59

Hi Ralph,

For now, I think that yes, this is a unique identifier. However, in my
opinion, this could be improved in the future replacing it by a unique
string.

Something like :

#define ORTE_NOTIFIER_DEFINE_EVENT(eventstr, associated_text) {
         static int event = -1;
         if (OPAL_UNLIKELY(event == -1) {
                 event = opal_sos_create_new_event(eventstr, associated_text);
         }
         ...<increase event counter>...
}

This would move the event numbering to the OPAL layer, making it
transparent to the developper.

Just my 2 cents ...

Sylvain