Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC 1/1: improvements to the "notifier" framework and ORTE WDC
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 11:37:40

Hi Abhishek

I'm confused by the WDC wiki page, specifically the part about the new ORTE_NOTIFIER_DEFINE_EVENT macro. Are you saying that I (as the developer) have to provide this macro with a unique notifier id? So that would mean that ORTE/OMPI would have to maintain a global notifier id counter to ensure it is unique?

If so, that seems really cumbersome. Could you please clarify?

Thanks
Ralph